Do you like the people side of the business as well as the technical? Do you have a burning desire to improve yourself, your technical abilities and your customer’s service experience?
Then you have that rare combination we seek. At United Technology Group (UTG) we are committed to radically great customer service utilizing our center of excellence in technology solutions.
UTG is a managed services provider in Duluth. Our primary goal is to allow clients to focus on their business and contract UTG to effectively manage technology deployment and support of internal systems.
We seek a Tier I Systems Engineer on our Support team.
As a member of our support team you’ll respond to real time requests (calls, emails, chat) as the primary support on a variety technical hardware and software issues. You’ll:
- Work with the best in the industry! We partner with industry leading vendor partners such as Microsoft, Cisco, Sophos, Ingram, Kaseya and Microcorp.
- Provide first level (Tier 1) customer support from our state of the art Network Operations Center (NOC). Triage customer issues, create tickets, determine the issue and evaluate urgency to set priority status and establish the SLA.
- Use our tools and systems to consistently troubleshoot and document customer solutions. These include Connectwise and IT Glue.
- Take ownership and see it through to the end. Even if the situation warrants escalation to a Tier II or higher, you’ll know you’ve done your part.
- Have an impact. Your empathy with the customer’s situation along with clear communication effectively translating technical information into non-technical terms provides first-class customer service.
- Keep growing! Maintain your IT Professional status by staying relevant with certifications and the latest technologies, and we’ll pay for it!*
You’ll work hard, you’ll have fun and you’ll enjoy:
- Your birthday off (plus 13 days of PTO in year one and 18 days after year one).
- Great office environment with snacks included!
- A team-oriented environment—we enjoy working together!
- Cell phone expense reimbursement.
- And of course: A complete benefit package including:
- Medical .
- Retirements savings plan with matching.
- Life insurance.
- Accidental death and disability insurance available for purchase at group rate.
- Short term disability.
- Long term disability.
- *Reimbursement for obtaining pertinent job certification (with prior approval).
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Previous customer service in information technology or another related field coupled with a relentless desire to customer service. Our clients trust their technology to us so they can focus on running their business. They depend on us to proactively keep their business technology running smoothly and safe!
- Problem-solving attitude with an eye for detail.
- Strong interest or entry level experience in information technology.
- Technical Associates degree preferred.
- Microsoft Office 365 competency required.
- Experience with managed services tools (e.g. ConnectWise, Kaseya, BrightGauge, IT Glue) a plus.
Apply now if you have a passion for technology and a desire to work with a growing company.